With household art supplies like cardboard and a small piece of wool, you can make a wreath with a spider hanging from it to place on your door.
- Trace a large plate on the cardboard
- Trace a small plate in the center of the circle you just traced on the cardboard
- Cut a small strip of cardboard and glue it onto the back of the cardboard over any folds. This will help reinforce the cardboard.*
- Cut strips of construction paper (about 1 ½ inches by 4 inches) *
- Glue the strips into rolls (like making a paper chain)
- Glue the rolls onto the cardboard wreath
- Fold a piece of construction paper in half and draw half of a spider (folding the paper will make the spider symmetrical). Use a white crayon to draw the spider’s face.
- Cut a small piece of yarn and tape one side to the spider and one side to the wreath so the spider hangs in the center of the wreath*
*Adults should help young children with these steps